Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Photos, First Attempt



These were taken at our church. I popped the kids in front of a stained-glass window in our sanctuary and snapped a few test shots. The lighting was pretty awful, but a couple came out fairly nice. I'd really like to get them in their full Christmas splendor, head-to-toe (especially since my aunt was gracious enough to get them these gorgeous holiday outfits!), so I'm going to make another attempt in a different locale.



Anyone who's got tips on how to get BOTH my kids to look at the camera and smile simultaneously...fire away. I throw myself at your mercy and beg your tutelage.

5 comments:

Talia said...

Our photographer uses an assistant who puts a stuffed animal on their head and then sneezes so it falls off, or has the older kid blow it so it falls off. The little ones crack up. It becomes problamatic in someways if they are laughing too hard to hold the pose, but hey, at least they are smiling!

MamaDrama77 said...

Would you believe I actually performed the "sneeze the toy off the head" maneuver, and they both looked at Mommy like she was stoned?

I think your initial statement is my clue, though. I need an ASSISTANT.

cyndi said...

i really like the one of Mia!

Mindy said...

Ha........try getting 3 to look at the camera at the same time......with smiles.........even more hahahahaha! Not going to happen for me.....i have just come to accept that and realized that even though i don't get all smiles...atleast their personality shows in the picture!

Natalie said...

I usually have to make loud monkey noises or roar like a lion. Very embarassing yes but it usually works.