Friday, March 26, 2010

Beaux

After scoring a sweet little blue-and-white gingham dress on Ebay for Mia to wear Easter Sunday (already monogrammed with a capital "M!"), I set to work designing her a hairbow to match. I've been lusting after those gorgeous, fat, boutique-style bows lately (lots of loops and layers!), so I popped onto YouTube and gave myself a tutorial. How did we get along before the internet?

Here's my first attempt at a "boutique bow." After attaching the clippy, I thought it needed a little something to tie the whole thing together, so I rummaged in my jewelry box and found just the thing--my sapphire cross! It's secured with needle/thread as well as a dollop of hot glue, so I feel fairly confident the thing's not gonna fall off. I can always detach it if I want to wear the cross again...but I think it will look better in my little girl's hair!



Stay tuned...I've been getting super creative in anticipation of our MONSTER family vacay to a certain resort that starts with a "D," coming up in May...

2 comments:

cyndi said...

did you put actual gemstones in your percious one's hair???
i'm sorry i live in the univers that refuses all things girly and that includes bows, your rocks btw, and dresses. i did craft a little easter outfit for her...coming soon to a blog near you!
can't wait to see all the "D" craftiness!

MamaDrama77 said...

I can't wait to see your Easter outfit!

Yes, I did put actual gemstones in my daughter's hair. But it's just for one Sunday! Hahaha! I couldn't resist; it matched so nicely.

I sometimes wonder if my kid's TOO girly...today I asked her what her favorite color was (already knowing the answer), and she replied "PINK. Um, with little hearts."