Thursday, January 24, 2008

This and that



Glory hallelujah, there is sunshine today! Days of cold wetness and barren trees and skies have made me positively irritable. I can hear Steve muttering, what was your excuse the other days? Sigh. Two more months of this miserable winter-ness.

Mia had her 6-month checkup today--she's a healthy 16 lbs and falls comfortably into the "average" zone for weight and head circumference. Slightly above average for height. We've got the go-ahead to start allowing her to have pick-up foods like Cheerios or diced cooked veggies. Doctor Jeannie also suggested we introduce sippy cups with water. Big girl! Mia had four shots this morning, bless her bones, and a finger-stick, but she's somehow managing to remain cheerful. Connor was concerned for her. He marched into the office and announced, "My sister's gettin' a flu shot!" Everybody laughed.

We're gearing up for Mia's big day Sunday. She's going to be baptized. My M.I.L. emailed me this morning that a friend of hers offered to give us some of the water she brought back from the river Jordan for us to use in the ceremony. That's the river where Jesus received his baptism. I'm sentimental, since the same thing was done for me when I was baptized as an infant. My little girl will wear my gown and cross, too.

2 comments:

cyndi said...

the pictures are beautiful! did you take them? Lula had a cross like that but it was lost on I-65 during our move! Grrrrrr! No, I'm not bitter at ALL! sorry the weather is bad, i feel it too! Although it makes me all snuggly. but cranky too!
I am happy for Mia's big day! I am sorry we will miss it!

Abbey Road said...

What special things to pass down to your daughter. How wonderful!