Friday, June 20, 2008

At TaliaBriscoe's request, a MEME.

If you'd like to follow suit and copy/paste for your own fun, please comment me so I can enjoy your response.


01. First Name: Adrienne
02. Age: 30
03. Location: Hixson, TN USA
04. Occupation: Stay at Home Mom
05. Partner: Steve
06. Kids: Two; Connor (age 3) and Mia (will be a year old in a week and a half)
07. Brothers/Sisters: One sister, Becky, age 26
08. Pets: None at present.
09. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life: I think "raising two children" pretty much covers my one thru ten.
10. Where and for what did you go to school for? Ok, judging from the syntax of that question, I'm going out on a limb and saying the composer of this meme didn't go to school at all.
Self-righteousness out of the way, I graduated UA in 1999 with a Bachelor's in Theatre. Minor in English.
11. Parents? Mom-Anita, 57 Dad-Barry, 54 (?) Stepmom-Tina, 53(?)
12. Who are some of your closest friends? Most of them don't live nearby, oddly. My oldest and closest friends are Kristie and Chari. I've known one of them 18 years (gasp!) and the other 17.
13. What is on your bed right now? Unfolded laundry. It's also about waist-deep on my floor, if you want that mental picture.
14. What's your favourite word or phrase? "Wanna go out to dinner?"
15. What were you doing at 8am this morning? spooning yogurt into my daughter
16. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Putting my son down for his nap
17. Have you ever been to a strip club? No!
18. What is the last thing you said aloud? That looks like fun
19. What was the last thing you had to drink?lemonade
20. What are you wearing right now? Capris, a yellow tee shirt and Crocs
21. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? I got three new bras this morning! Hooray, my daughter is weaned!!
22. When was the last time you ran? No idea. It hurts when I run.
24. What's the last sporting event you watched? Golf. Yes, really. I watched Tiger Woods and Rocco battle it out at the US Open and actually got interested. What's THAT about??
25. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Oh give me a break. Doesn't everyone?
26. Ever go camping? It's been a long time.
27. Do you have a tan? In very small, concentrated areas, yes.
28. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? Don't think so.
29. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? Occasionally.
30. Have you learned anything today? I learned that they quit selling fabric at the new "refurbished" Wal Mart, amongst countless other inventory items. And I've discovered another reason to hate that store.
31. What are you doing tomorrow? Cleaning house.
32. Look to your left, what do you see? Bookshelf and the door to the garage
33. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Koalas and kangaroos.
34. Ever ridden on a roller coaster? It's been too long since I last did. I'd like to.
35. Last person you talked to on the phone? Hubby
36. Any plans today? After the kids wake up, we're trooping to church for the final night of Vacation Bible School.
37. What do you wish you had right now? no debt
38. How many kids do you want when you're older? The jury's out on whether there will be a third Medlin kid. We'll take a look again when the baby's out of diapers and see if I've got any energy to speak of.
39. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 31
40. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yep. It was kind of unimpressive compared to Disney, but much more economical.
41. How did you get some of your scars? Well, the one that most immediately springs to mind was the result of two c-sections. It gives my stomach a permanent overbite and I am more than a little self-conscious about the whole thing. But the by-product of the procedure was incredible. Outside of that I've got a small place on my knee from having had three stitches as a kid.

3 comments:

Talia said...

It didn't even occur to me to mention me c-section scar. I can't see it for all of the saggy stretch marks, I guess. :P

Also, your laundry makes me happy. You just described my bedroom and my daily nemesis. It is something of a relief to know I am not the only one trying to cope with that.

Abbey Road said...

Yay for you getting your boobs back! I still haven't bought any new bras. Still wearing the nursing ones. lol

MamaDrama77 said...

Er, well, I'm still wearing nursing bras too. The bras I bought apparently don't accommodate my current cup size. Still hoping we'll see some reduction so I can get into the new bras.