Friday, May 1, 2009

Birth and Birthdays


Everybody and their Aunt Tilly is having babies lately! I've been busy cranking out cards. Here are a couple I put together. Connor scrawled "Welcome Baby" inside. That's the best part.


Can I admit to being positively giddy with planning Connor's big Fourth birthday party (FOURTH? Gak! Where did the year go?)? His chosen theme this year is "Robin Hood." I went to Hobby Lobby today and started experimenting with materials to enhance the theme. I cranked these out today. They're just thin wooden dowels (2 dollars for a bag of 30 at Hob Lob!) outfitted with red feathers and florist tape. They'll eventually be fitted with foam tips.




Am I really going to outfit a bunch of preschoolers with primitive weaponry?

You bet.

Just not until they're headed home.

4 comments:

Talia said...

But...it's just been a little while since you put up pictures of his monster invitations from last year? Hasn't it. If that wasn't last week it was at least just last month. Right? Right?

cyndi said...

that is awesome

laura headley said...

robin hood is good. but NOTHING beats rapunzel :)))

MamaDrama77 said...

It doesn't seem that long ago that I wore that six-foot wig. I think we still have her birthday video on file someplace! She was so tiny!