Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monkey Shines

Another bit about the Divine Miss M. She's now begun talking in earnest! Sunday she started calling both Steve and myself "Da-da." We weren't sure at first whether she was just babbling as usual, but it became apparent those sounds had a purpose, as she'd repeat it with gusto when she wanted to be picked up. So I'm "Da-da" for now. I'll take it. What a thrill! She tells her daddy good morning now, with a cheery "Ah, Da-da!" Who could resist her? We'll work on "Ma-ma" later.

Today at lunch I cocked my head and peeped at her across the table, and she did the same. I pattered my hands on her high chair tray and she copied me. We kept up this game a good five minutes before Big Brother couldn't stand the diversion and decided to put his dirty feet on the table. "Now laugh at me, Mommy," he said. I commenced to rib tickling my boy. I'll just eat her up when Connor's napping later.

1 comment:

Abbey Road said...

Oh, I just love it that they are starting to speak...hehe... Jacob will say Da-Da, but when he's mad he will say Ma-Ma. I'm not sure what I have done to make him only say my name when he's mad, but it's still cute.